Gambling can be defined as determination of the ownership of property by appeal to chance. Luck is the resultant play of natural powers which no one, but God, can control or calculate. Most games of chance need a certain degree of skill, for example the races. God work, or an effort of human, is the natural base of the right of belonging. Some proportion of ownership should be guaranteed to any person exerting himself in productive labor.
Gambling is something when the players unconstrained transfer money or another values among themselves depending on the outcome of any uncertain event in future.
The Jews have opposed gaming however the practice of gambling was spread widely among Jews since the medieval times. The Roman Church does not consider Gambling to be something sinful.
The “work ethic of the Protestants,” however, is in the straight opposition to gambling. Fervent protestants believe that gaming is sinful.
Playing the stock market belong to gaming. This means buying stock without the idea to invest in the companies increase, in the hope that fortunately the stock value will grow.
Gambling is as peculiar to man as religion. Romans as well as Greeks could gamble freely. Tacitus in his Germania described the gaming fever of the early Germanic tribes, who would stake their life at dices. The Encyclopedia of Britannica (article “Gambling”) reports that “Gambling has existed in every known society from the most primitive to the most complex.” Here is the definition of gaming taken from Britannica: “Gambling is the betting or staking of something of value, with consciousness of risk and hope of gain, on the outcome of a game, a contest, or an uncertain event whose result may be determined by chance or accident or which may gave an unexpected result by reason of the bettors miscalculation.”
The simple gambler usually does not feel that he or she takes the risk when they risk a small amount they can afford without deprivation. Twenty dollars to a an American of middle class is almost nothing. Charitable drawings give the risk taker an excuse for gaming, and at the same time justifying it by giving money for good purpose.
Here you can read about a number of examples of things having some features of gaming but are not in reality gambling. A new stock may have a free promotional drawing to attract new clients. This is not gambling. Those who make a profession of seeking out and entering free competitions, lotteries and poker tournaments illustrate that if you enter enough competitions as many times as possible, one day you will become a winner.
Buying an apartments instead of renting can not be considered as gaming. Estate values may decrease and increase, but the home buyer is providing shelter based upon an economic decision, weighing all risks. The individuals speculating in the housing market hoping for a big income when the market goes up are indeed gambling. There are many risks we must take every day that are not gaming. Insurance, for example, is NOT gambling, but a way to share risks and the expenses.
Stress can be a strong trigger when you have a gambling addiction and are trying to stop. When you have a gambling problem, it is important that you handle your stress in the best possible way you can. Stress is part of all of our lives, however, when handled properly, it will stop you from going back to your gambling addiction.
1. Make sure that you have a “To-Do List” each day. Make sure that you put your priorities on your list first. Do not forget this list, because when you put the things that you have to do on paper, this can reduce your stress exponentially. When you are scattered, and do not know what you need to accomplish on a given day, this can increase stress.
2. Eat right and take necessary supplements on a daily basis. When you eat right, you will feel much better mentally and you will be able to handle stress better. In addition, please make sure that you drink plenty of fluids as well, because dehydration can cause fatigue. Remember, we are what we eat. Eat well on a daily basis, and you will see your stress level kept at bay. สมัครแทงบอลไม่มีขั้นต่ำ
3. You must sleep properly. If you do not get proper sleep, you will not be able to handle your stress in the best possible way. Not sleeping properly can contribute tremendously to the stress that could bring you back to your active gambling addiction. Not sleeping properly can contribute to depression and anxiety and well as increased stress.
4. Give yourself 30 minutes each day to relax and get centered. You can practice meditation, or read some self help books. You can just take that 30 minutes to do nothing. This is your time for yourself, and you have to give this to yourself. Give this gift to yourself. It is important!
5. Talk about your feelings to a trusted friend or family member. Do not hold all of your feelings inside, because this is truly not healthy and can lead you back to gambling addiction. If you need to see a therapist or minister, this is absolutely okay. If you need help for your gambling addiction, you must actively seek help by professionals or close friends.
I am hoping that these tips were helpful for you so that you do not allow stress to contribute to a desire to return to gambling.
Remember that gambling addiction can ruin lives of individuals and families. Do not let stress allow your gambling problem to spin out of control. Keep your stress at bay, so that your life stays healthy without gambling.